Monday, October 27, 2014

I May Be Spoiled

I work full time an hour from home four days a week and work remotely from my couch on Thursdays.  I typically leave the house around 6am and get home around 5:30pm.  Makes for a long day and while I've learned to cherish my commute, some days I just can't get home fast enough to get in my jammies and veg out on the couch for a few minutes.

Working that much doesn't leave me a whole lot of time to be the domestic diva I've always aspired to be.  Thankfully, Mr. Cricket is totally OCD and takes over the household duties while I'm gone since he works from home and can make his own schedule.

Laundry?  Thankfully, the kids do their own.  We made sure to teach them how to do their clothes at an early age so they are pretty self sufficient in that regard.  Mine goes down the laundry chute in the bathroom closet and get put in the washer by Mr. Cricket when he's doing a load of his clothes.

Meals?  Unfortunately, I'm not exactly Julia Childs in the kitchen.  I give Mr. Cricket money to go grocery shopping every week or two weeks and he takes Chase with him to the store to load up on essentials and food for dinners.  The minute I walk through the door, Mr. Cricket meets me and says, after our hello kiss, "What do you feel like for dinner?".

Vacuuming?  Well, the only real rugs we have are on the stairs going up to the first floor and down to the basement office and workshop as well as a throw rug in the living room.  I usually take care of those on the weekends.  The rest of the house has hardwood floors which Mr. Cricket mops with a special solution made especially for the wood.  I'll spot clean the floors during the week but he likes to make sure there aren't any streaks (I did mention he's got a touch of OCD, right?) so I let him go to town.

Dusting?  I take care of that on the weekends too.  Sadly we have a LOT of end tables and cabinets that need dusting so that does take awhile.

Bathroom?  In addition to having OCD, Mr. Cricket is also a slight germaphobe..lol.  I spot clean the counters and shower throughout the week but do a deep clean on the weekends.

All in all, I do feel extremely spoiled...but more than spoiled, I feel loved.  We each have our own "chores" that we do for the family and it makes me proud that we have been able to work together without too much fuss.  Although as soon as I typed that last sentence, my darling Madelyn just sassed me when I asked her to empty the dishwasher.

Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment