Sunday, October 26, 2014

Why Now?

Why start blogging again..now?

For years I used my old blog as a sort of diary.  Writing about being adopted and being reunited with my birth families.  Writing about my childhood and surviving the abuse at the hands of my adoptive parents.  I'd write about my ex and his wife and how frustrated I'd get at them for their actions and in the case of child support, my ex's inaction.  I'd write about feeling hurt and alone and depressed.

What I didn't write enough about was the joy I felt about bringing up my kids.  Or the joy I felt in my relationship with my boyfriend and now, husband.  I ignored the days when I was happy and instead only wrote on the days I was having a hard time functioning because of my clinical depression and anxiety.

I focused on the negative.

I need to change that.  I need to talk about my family and how much in love I am with my husband.  I need to write about how proud I am watching my daughter play field hockey and basketball or my son singing at his first middle school talent show.  I need to tell you about my wedding planning and how amazing that day turned out to be.  I'll even show you some pictures if you ask me nicely. ;)

I am Married Cricket.  I am now the palest Italian girl in Central Massachusetts.  I'm a wife, I'm a mother, I'm an ex-girlfriend who may not be able to stop whining about not getting child support from my son's father but I'll also probably make you sick with the happiness I am allowing myself to finally show.


No comments:

Post a Comment